Wednesday, August 13, 2008

More Time Today

Hey there! ya I have more time today, ya last time I was rushed a lot, it seems like most days are busy, well its not to bad but you know kinda busy, ya but there is a library just a couple of miles away from our house so that is were we go, its pretty nice. My trainer is way cool. I like him. We get along really well, but he is kinda a little too chill. It seems like there are a few different types of missionaries, the "chill" kind that work hard, are good missionaries and love doing missionary work, but don't quite follow every single rule, then there are the missionaries that follow every rule, more directly then maybe was intended and kinda makes up their own rules. And there are the "less accountable" missionaries that are basically slackers and don't really care about any of the rules. So ya that's what I've figured out so far. But my trainer is good, he knows a lot about the gospel.

And uhh lets see, treats? uh idk like whatever really. Oreos are cool uhhh Gushers lol idk anything expensive that I can't afford that is not healthy lol. But hey in the next package could you send me a few things, I need more just t-shirts just like a couple maybe 2 or 3 would be cool cuz right now I wear like one all week. So ya that would be cool, and like all of my ties too, even the crazy ones. I can like trade lots of them and stuff so ya that would be way cool.

Sunriver sounds fun I bet Syd had fun with Hannah. Sounds like a blast. Ya I did get the email about Colton. That's way funny. I actually saw him today. We hung out at the church building and played b-ball with all the other elders so that was cool. We got to kinda fill each other in on all that's been going on.

But so the work around here is OK . I guess the elders before us were a little less accountable so their book was not up to date. So me and my comp have just been trying to meet all the members and all the other old investigators we know of.

This last week at church there is this kid Scott Bullock (his parents are now the mission pres. in the Manchester England mission as of the beginning of July, so just barely missed Derek pretty crazy though) brought a friend to church. He is a cool kid. We have got to know him pretty well. He just graduated high school and is leaving for BYU for a bit then on his mission. But he brought this girl named Lauren and so we talked to her after church (oh ya and I gave a talk in sacrament this last Sunday. It was on Dispensations. It was fun. It went really well) and she wanted to know more and had lots of questions. So we gave her a book of Mormon and wrote down some good chapters to read and all that and made an appt. to meet with her on the next day, that Monday. So we went over to Scott's house and she read all of the chapters we gave her and had a whole bunch of questions written down and stuff. So it was awesome you could tell she was way interested. So we answered all her questions and gave her the first lesson. It went really well and she wanted to know more and had lots of questions on the plan of salvation. So we said we could teach her more, so she said how about tomorrow so we gave her a plan of salvation pamphlet to read and ya then met with her Tuesday and she read the whole pamphlet and all the references to the BOM we gave her and had a whole list of questions. It was way awesome. So we gave the 2nd lesson and she said her first prayer at the end of the lesson and we commit ed her to pray to know if she should be baptized. It was really cool. She seems really open and understanding about everything, BUT the one thing is she is going to college on like Wednesday! sooooo I'm not to sure. We are meeting with her on Saturday so like if she is OK with everything it would be possible to baptize her like Sunday or Monday. But its all up to her and how she feels. But it has been awesome! We will just have to see, she might go up there and be baptized, but still its cool being able to get her started. Well I gotta go. Love you all!
Elder Dunn

1 comment:

Kay said...

Glad to hear you got to see Colton. I'm not sure why that makes me feel better, but somehow it's nice to know he has a great friend with him! But it's funny you played Basketball, when did you two ever play basketball...as deacons??

I'm sure you'll get the area shaped up soon and the books in order, work hard and you'll be blessed!
Kay