Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Crestmoor

Hey there so yup I got transferred. I'm now in the Crestmoor Ward in Denver. I'm like in the city more now. Our ward is huge, so there are two sets of missionaries in the ward. Its split east and west, I'm the Crestmoor west ward. So ya its pretty exciting, my new companions name is Elder Jensen. He is a goofy hardworking diligent guy. He has been out about 6 months and is from Houston Texas, pretty cool! But ya he is a good guy, a really hardworking missionary. He doesn’t let one person walk by us or even within 100 yards of us without them hearing about the gospel. It is fun! There are like 4 pretty solid investigators so that is cool. Our ward is really weird, like there is a way ghetto part that is like all black people then the way way rich white people, its crazy how fast the neighborhoods can change like that. But we do most of our work in the poor spots, I really like it here, the people are really nice. It’s funny to see, we walk up to these gangster guys with there pants to there knees and like bling and grillz and stuff and start talking to them about Jesus Christ and most of them are way nice about it and let us talk to them, it is really cool. I'll have to send some pics of some of the rough neighborhoods and stuff. We live in a apartment just the two of us. It’s pretty trashy and dumpy and the inside is disgusting. I don’t think it has ever been cleaned. lol So that’s my goal today is to clean it up. But one investigator, Lester, told us he wanted to get baptized on Sept 30, so that was really crazy. So we are just getting him prepared for that, but the work here I guess has a reputation of being really hard. I guess the ward members are kinda slackers and flaky which is kind of annoying but it will all work out. I’m having fun here.

That's cool Mike Nielson is getting ready. I’m excited for him. Ya the missionaries that live in metro Denver get to go to the temple on the first Wednesday of each month, so I have gone twice now and will continue to get to go through this transfer :)

For numbers we set goals and our zone goal is just to have a baptism in every area, but ours this transfer is 4.....so we will see how that goes!

Ya and my bike is pretty sweet I really like it. I will send pics of it in a while it’s a GT 3.0. It’s a mountain bike. It’s really nice, I like riding alot.

Thanks to mom for sending me the comments to read. They are pretty funny. lol But ya I have like 30 mins on the computer for email but I have all pday to read and write letters so ya I do that stuff later:)

Well guys, all is well here in the mission field. Elder Bragg was just a couple computers down from me doing his email, so that’s cool, and we are all going to play bball in a bit so that is fun. I like my new area and companion I’ll email you in a week and let you know if I still feel the same way about everything. lol It’s still to early to tell but I’m sure I will love it. It’s great to be able to devote all my time my energy and my talents to the Lord, I love the gospel and feel blessed to have it in my life.
Love you all,
Elder Dunn

P.S.
My new address is:

1235 Albion St. #204
Denver, CO 80220

No comments: