Friday, September 26, 2008

Baptism on Tuesday

Hey guys, it’s always great to hear from you every week. We just had zone conference on Monday, it was really good. I've only been to two but they are always a spiritual boost and pumps everyone up to work hard that transfer. Ya we always sing to the sisters that feed us too, usually we do “Called to Serve”, but this time we did the “Army of Helaman". So we sang “are the lords missionaries” like that and at the very end instead of "to bring the world his truth" we sang "and thank you for the food". It’s pretty cool. lol Ya most of the ladies cry too. So it's ok mom. lol I guess its normal.

Oh and I got a package from the priests so that was cool. Some Oreos and chili cheese Fritos lol yum. So that was exciting.

On Sunday it was way lame, I threw up like 10 times. So I was stuck in bed all day. It was kind of a bummer. I had to miss out on church. But the next day I was fine so idk if it was like food poisoning or what but ya crazy.

Oh and some exciting news!! Me and Elder Jensen have a baptism on Tuesday! Pretty cool huh? It’s Lester Fowler, he is a 42 year old black man with a bunch of tattoos that lives in the ghetto. He just got married to his wife, who is a member, like 2 months ago and has recently been taking the lessons. His wife Laurey has two kids already 6 and 4. Jojo and I can’t remember the little girls name lol dang, but ya they are way cool and very excited, so it’s going to be great and we have 3 other solid investigators that are close to a date, so the work here is busy and going very well.

My time is almost up. I love you guys very much and I'm loving being out here. It’s amazing how when you surround yourself with the gospel how much you can learn and be strong and how often you get to feel the spirit! It’s great! Well until next time, have a good week!

Elder Dunn

1 comment:

Kay said...

Congrats on the baptism Coop!

And I always teared up too, when I fed that many Elders at Zone conference. In fact, I think it was their goal to make us cry.

Keep up the hard work! Kay