Wednesday, September 3, 2008

1st Transfer Coming Up

Hey guys how is good ol' Oregon treating you? It’s been really nice here in the Denver area, the weather is starting to cool down a little in the mornings and at night there is a nip in the air so that’s just how I like it.

How exciting the girls are heading back to school, the kids here have been in school a couple of weeks now so you’re lucky.

Dang that is such a bummer about my pictures, (Coop mailed home a memory card with all his pictures from the time he left until today and the card was lost en route) There were a lot on there that can’t be duplicated like all the ones from the MTC, lame. Well, I’ll take some more and figure a way to send them to you guys.

That’s cool about Seth and Kaden. Elder Bragg told me about it. That it’s pretty cool, they’re getting ready to head out. That’s pretty exciting.

Pretty much the only mail I get is from you guys and Britt, I got a letter from Derek and Britt’s family but that’s pretty much it.

That’s ways exciting that you are in charge of the family reunion. That will be way fun! Ya I think Sunriver would be a cool place to have it.

Getting up early is pretty hard, I'm not gonna lie, but we have a good system for it. Did I tell you already? I can’t remember. The alarm is on my night stand and when it goes off I immediately throw a pillow at Elder Craft cuz he is right next to the light. So that wakes him up cuz he is deaf when he sleeps. Then he turns on the light. lol It seems to work pretty good.

Right now we are going through PMG (Preach My Gospel) and studying each Christ like attribute, it’s pretty cool. The work is good here. Still just spending most of our day trying to find some new solid investigators. There are a few perspective investigators so that is cool.
BUT this just in, I'm getting transferred tomorrow! Crazy! So I made it through my first transfer, but I'm leaving already. I just got here! lol I was just getting to know the area and the members. lol But it’s all good, so don’t send any mail till I tell you my new address k? So ya, that’s pretty exciting. This will be my comp, Elder Craft’s, last transfer and he is training again so that’s cool. He was going through his ties (he has 108 of them) and was deciding which ones he was going to want to take home and which ones he didn’t really want/need anymore, so he decided on 58 that he is keeping and then let me go through the other 42 and take the ones I want, so that was cool. So I took 19 of them. So I have like 46 now lol. He signed all of the ones he gave me so that’s cool and there is one tie he gave me that has been in the mission like 5 or so years, something like 6 other elders in the Denver south mission have had it. lol It gets passed down from father to son (from the trainer to his greeny). So Elder Craft got it from his trainer, that got it from his trainer and ya all that. lol Kinda fun.

Well I gotta get going we are playing racket ball again today. E. Craft is obsessed. lol
Love you all and hope all is well.
Elder Dunn

1 comment:

Kay said...

Darn, you probably won't see each other much anymore. I'm sure you'll cross paths many more times though! Keep up the good work! Let Colorado know Medford has great missionaries!!

Side Note~ I know he got a package from me in the MTC. Does that count?

Kristin copies all Colton's comments each week and sends them to him. My sister is always very good to make a comment so he gets something every time!