Monday, February 23, 2009

Great Learning Experience

Hey, so nope, no sign of a car yet, but transfers are this next Thursday so I will know then. So ya this transfer went by way fast! It’s crazy! So this is the end of my 5th transfer pretty crazy. There are 17 transfers in the two years. Craziness. But I’m really enjoying being on a mission. It’s fun and hard work, but a great learning experience and a wonderful opportunity to further my own personal knowledge of the gospel. So ya district meetings are fun, well a recent thing we have been talking alot about and trying to focus more on is L. Tom Perry gave a training to mission presidents and said every companionship should be having 20 sit down lessons a week so that is a goal we are trying to hit, whether it’s with members, less actives or investigators. So we discuss different ways to make that happen. That’s about three formal lessons a day, it’s pretty tough. This last week we had 15 and that felt like a lot, but its going really well.

So ya I basically just email you guys and Britt each week so that’s all :) I know sorry I haven’t sent pictures yet, I bought a new sd card so I will be sending your pics this week for sure!

But I don’t think I have gained any weight yet. I go between 135 and 140 and lol I don’t know if I have grown lol. Let’s see my favorite meal I cook, well its normally cereal or instant oatmeal for breakfast and pb&j or top roman. I bought some hot pockets last week so that was a treat lol. Oh man and I got mom’s package on Valentine day that was awesome thanks so much. Oh man I can’t believe you remembered about that dip stuff and wheat thins, that is so good! Dang! lol Thanks.

That’s crazy about Bear Creek, the main job here is in the oil field, like that’s what keeps this town going and there have been alot of people getting laid off. It’s hitting this town pretty hard.

Oh soooo, a new mission rule… we are a suit mission now, so suits all the time, lessons, church, tracting, everything sooo lol I think I need that other suit. Do you still have that one brown one? I have the blue one I wear all the time and the black one but I think I have only worn the black one like twice but that would be cool if you could send that. Well I better get going. Sounds like you’re all doing good. Love you all.

Elder Dunn

No comments: