Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008

Well today is a short p-day just till 1:00, then tomorrow is a p-day, so ya its cool. In the morning me and the other 3 elders in our ward are running the Turkey Trot! It’s kinda like the Pear Blossom I think. We get a cool shirt and everything that has a little turkey on it. But it’s 4 miles! I don’t know if I can do that. We will see. It will be fun! An investigator signed us up and paid for it all for us. The whole Plus family is doing it, so they invited us to do it too. It will be fun. Then we have a dinner/lunch with an empty nester couple at 1:00, then going to another member family’s in the evening, so it should be a pretty good day. I hope the food is good. lol But I doubt it will be like home, but it should still be fun.

Oh man, so there was a Turkey Bowl last Saturday, it wasn’t on Thanksgiving, but ya and they announced it in priesthood and said, “Oh ya, and no missionaries allowed!!! Lame huh? We were way mad about it cuz I guess like 2 years ago a missionary got hurt at the Turkey Bowl, so ya I was pretty bummed. But after the Turkey Bowl they had a chili cook-off, so we went and watched them play then got a free lunch. So it was cool. There was some pretty good chili and some really, really hot chili too, it was cool. One guy just had a full habanero just sitting on the top on his chili, for looks, and his was pretty hot. Towards the end he told me to eat this raw habanero, and me being me…said uh ok. So he got everyone’s attention and was like, “Dunns gonna eat a habanero,” so ya that was fun! lol At first it wasn’t that hot then after like 45 secs it was burning! lol It was pretty intense. It was fun. Needless to say the rest of the day my stomach was mad at me! lol It was fun though.

Well I better get going we have a lesson with a member at two with these two single moms and their kids so it should be a good first lesson.

Love you all. Eat a turkey leg and tackle someone in the mud for me!

Elder Dunn

2 comments:

Kay said...

Well, Elder Dunn, Harvey, Seth and I enjoyed all the Thanksgiving food from he Dunn house for you! Yummy! I had three helpings of the green beans. It was a nice day.

I was thinking about you and Elder Bragg's traditional muddy walk home from the Turkey Bowl here, in two years...:)

Four miles??? How did you do? If it were on bikes, you could have won, I'm sure.

AND I bet your stomach was mad at you!! Goodness!

Kay said...

What's up? Nothing from Coop in a few weeks? How's he doing? Everything Okay?

I'm still waiting to see how he did in his four mile run?