Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Grand Junction


Hey there guys, how is everything going? So I totally got transferred! To Grand Junction! Crazy huh? It’s like a 4 hour drive from here to Denver, so ya I’m way out here in the mountains. Grand Junction is the biggest town out west. It’s like 120,000 I think, so it’s not too small, but it’s way different then Denver. It’s a lot colder and snows alot more! And I am now serving as a District Leader! Pretty crazy! So that is exciting and new so that is going good.

My new companion’s name is, ok ready for this? lol It’s Elder Qaravanua lol I just learned how to say it the other day. But ya he is from Fiji, pretty cool huh? He is way funny, I like him alot. He plays professional rugby for Fiji cool huh? So he loves that and he is always talking about the Tongans and Fijians and Samoans and Australia and New Zealand and all that, it’s cool. He travels to play other countries and stuff. So where were you dad in New Zealand? So he doesn’t speak English to well, well its good English, it’s just hard to understand what he is saying because of his accent, but its cool. I’m getting better at understanding him now. lol

It’s pretty cool I live in an apartment, we share it with the zone leaders so that is cool. It’s a pretty nice apartment but it’s way dirty and gross like ya way bad. lol But I look out my window of my room and I can see Utah! Crazy huh? It’s 25 1/2 miles away, that’s the road I live on, they do the roads by how far from the boarder you are. But ya its cool, so I’m here in the Grand Junction 5th Ward. They seem really awesome, the whole ward seems way on top with the missionary work, so it should be good.

Well I better get going, times up. But everything is good here, oh and ya I bought some gifts, I just haven’t had the chance to send them yet. Sorry I will do it soon though and send you my pics at the same time. So I hope all is well, I miss you all and love you!

Elder Dunn


My new address is

Elder Dunn
620 25 1/5 Rd. #27
Grand Junction, CO 81505

1 comment:

Kay said...

Grand Juction, Cool! Your companion sounds awesome. I bet he's a big ol' teddy bear at heart.

Bummer about the apartment, I guess the four of you best get cleaning on P-day.

Work hard and you will be blessed!