Monday, January 4, 2010

Home, home in Rangely.

Dec 30
Hey there familia! Long time no talk. :)
Oh that’s pretty cool BYU won. Ya I heard they were playing Oregon lol lots of people here in Rangely are way into football, that’s pretty funny about the BYU sign and all that. That’s just like dad to finally have one day off and to do chores that day, who else is in that pic? I was confused.

So will this be your first Sunday teaching gospel doc. ? or were you teaching D&C too? K sooo just some bits of advice for ya just that I have noticed in other classes and teachers and stuff. First off try take note of if there are any non-members or investigators in the class before hand and if there are then stay away from the deep doctrine or talking to openly about the temple as well. That is something we missionaries have to kinda watch out for sometimes in some wards. The topic gets way crazy and people speculating on things that we don’t know, and there is a non-member spouse or investigator there and we are just kinda cringing as they talk. But you have a gospel principles class there though right? So most likely they will go there. Another thing that kinda bugs me is when the teacher doesn’t teach doctrine! or they say well this is what I think.... that kinda stuff shouldn’t be taught, only what we know. So ya there is my two cents worth lol. I’m sure you will be an awesome gospel doctrine teacher :)

Oh, so our mission office moved yesterday, so it’s not the 2001 e. Easter address anymore, not too sure if you ever give that address out to people or not but its now

Colorado Denver South Mission
Mission Office
999 E. Tufts Ave
Cherry Hills Village, CO 80113

So ya it’s now in a church building instead of an office building, kinda weird huh.

Well things are still good. I can’t believe it’s almost 2010, how crazy is that? Where did 2009 go? Well I better get going. Hope you all have a happy new year! Love you all!

Elder Dunn




Dec 16
Hey there. Well things are going good here in Strangely, lol Christmas is approaching fast, everyone in town is getting ready. There was a cool light parade, can’t remember if I told you this or not, but ya it was pretty fancy! There were a total of 8 floats in the parade lol so it wasn’t very long but it was fun. It’s beautiful out here in the winter, we have gotten so much snow here its crazy, but its cool when everything is white, all the streets, the trees and mountains. It does make me wanna snowboard really bad though. That’s one downfall to it. Well tomorrow are transfers so we got our call last night and my comp Elder Coley is getting transferred so I go pick up my comp tomorrow so that will be fun. It’s about a two hour drive to the city where we meet for transfers, it will be fun driving back with my new comp so I get to know him. lol The two hour drive there is nothing, just mountains and deer the whole time, it will be funny to see his reaction. I remember I was like what the heck where are we going? lol We are in the middle of no where so it will be fun to see his reaction now that I’ve been here for a while and am used to the small town. Well I better get going love you all! Have a good week.
Elder Dunn





No comments: